If you have a large family and want to take them camping it is important to make sure you have all the appropriate tools and supplies to keep your family safe on your trip. You will need to take more than just a first aid kit that is for sure. It is crucial that you know what to bring with you on a camping trip to protect you and the ones you bring with you.
First Aid Kit
If you are traveling in a large group you are going to want to make sure you have the essentials in your first aid kit. You may want to pack multiple first aid kits for different types of emergencies. Here are some of the items you will need to bring with you on your camping trip to ensure the safety of your loved ones.
- Antibacterial ointment
- Adhesive bandages (multiple sizes)
- Pain reliever such as Tylenol and Ibuprofen
- Benadryl to treat allergic reactions
- Butterfly bandages
- First aid instruction cards
- Safety pins
- Tweezers for splinter removal
There are various other medications that you should also bring with you on a camping trip.
- Foot powder
- Hand sanitizer
- Aloe Vera gel
- Poison ivy treatments
- Antacid tablets
- Throat lozenges
- Prescription medications
Tools & Supplies
There are several tools and supplies that will come in handy when you are on your camping trip.
- Rope is definitely one thing you will want to bring with you. You can use it to hang wet clothes, help get a family member out of a tough situation, as well as help build a shelter if need be. And, don’t forget knot-tying lessons for the kids. It has a number of uses and you should never go camping without one.
- When you are camping it is pretty much a given that you are going to need to start a fire. So unless you are a professional at doing this on your own, you should bring matches with you – preferably wooden matches (without their tips they can be useful for shims). This will ensure that you always have light and always have a way to start a fire.
- Speaking of light, it is crucial that you have a way to see to get where you are going when you are walking through the woods. Make sure you pack several flash lights of all sizes as well as some lanterns. Never go on a hike or walk without various ways that you can see, especially if you get lost.
- Having a map and/or a compass with you will ensure that you never get lost while you are hiking. It can be difficult to track where you are going when you are in the woods since most everything looks the same. Always have a compass in your pocket and a map in your backpack.
- Always have a pocket knife handy and make sure that all adults carry one. You never know when there will be an incident or an emergency and it will be needed.
These are just some of the very important things you will need when you go camping in a large group. All of these items will ensure your safety and well-being during your trip.